First Aid & Health Emergencies Quiz
Bleeding Safety Quiz
Burn Injuries Quiz
Use tab to navigate through the menu items.
Top of Page
Read the "Burn Injuries Quiz" Document and Take the Quiz Below!
Burn Injuries PDF
1. A minor burn is limited to an area
no larger than 3 inches in diameter.
that covers the hands, feet or face.
anywhere above the waist.
larger than 6 inches in diameter.
2. When treating a minor burn
cool the burn.
remove tight items on or near the burned area.
apply burn ointment or spray, if available.
all of the above.
3. When providing first aid for a burn, it is advisable to immediately pop any blisters that form on the skin.
4. To help cool down minor burns
apply a warm compress until the pain eases.
hold the burned area under cool (not cold) running water.
elevate the burned area by raising the wound above heart level.
cover the burn with a dry bandage.
5. Before treating a chemical burn
remove the cause of the burn.
apply gentle pressure with a clean bandage.
apply burn spray to the entire area.
Thanks for submitting!