First Aid & Health Emergencies Quiz
Bleeding Safety Quiz
Burn Injuries Quiz
Use tab to navigate through the menu items.
Top of Page
Read the "First Aid & Health Emergencies" Document and Take the Quiz Below!
First Aid & Health Emergencies
1. Not every medical event that benefits from first aid requires emergency medical personnel to respond to the scene, but it’s important to the person who needs help to be able to rely on someone to call 911 (or emergency services) if needed.
2. There are many types of seizures and most only last...
a few seconds.
a few minutes.
5 minutes or longer.
at least an hour.
3. To help someone who is having a generalized tonic-clonic seizure (also known as a grand mal seizure) the CDC advises that you should not...
hold them down or try to stop their movements.
ease them onto the floor.
turn them gently to one side to help them breathe.
put something soft and flat, like a folded jacket, under their head.
4. If someone is having a seizure, call 911 (or emergency services) if...
the seizure lasts longer than 5 minutes.
they have difficulty breathing or waking after the seizure.
they have another seizure very soon after the first one.
any of the above.
5. Performing abdominal thrusts if a person is choking requires you to ________ as you wrap your arm’s around their waist.
stand at their side
hold their arms down
stand behind them
ease them onto the floor
Thanks for submitting!